30 September to 3 October 2011
Total cost: $465 for divers and $210 for non-divers
Join us as we head to the North Solitary Islands for some of Australia’s best diving. The trip will fill fast so make sure you get in and book your spot today.
North Solitary Islands
The North Solitary Islands host a mix of tropical and temperate organisms.
Anemone Bay on North Solitary Island is something to be seen. There are thousands of sea anemones in this one bay and the anemones host a number of species of anemone fish. In addition to the anemones, there are various corals, including staghorn corals (Acropora sp.) and many species of tropical fish are seen regularly, including butterflyfish, angelfish, surgeonfish and clown triggerfish. There are also nudibranch, cowries and sea stars. Other sites around North Solitary Island include Elbow Cave, Bubble Cave and The Boulders all with their own charm.
- 3 nights accommodation (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) in shared cabins. Bring your own linen/sleeping bag and towel.
- 3 breakfasts (Saturday/Sunday/Monday morning)
- Soup, cakes and coffee between dives
- Barbecue on Saturday night
- 2 double boat dives with second tank and air fills (double dive Saturday/double dive Sunday.
- Divers need to bring one full tank with them.
- Gear hire is not included. You must provide your own dive equipment. Please ask us for hire rates.
- Dinner on Friday and Sunday night and lunch on Saturday, Sunday and Monday not included.
- Spending money, insurance and travel is up to the individual and not included in the tour price.
We will be staying in Wooli and you will need to make your own way up from Sydney. It’s a 6 to 8 hour drive up the F3 and Pacific Highway. The trip is booked with Wooli Dive Centre.
Get in and book your spot as they are tipped to go quickly.