Come and celebrate over 50 years of St George Underwater Centre and diving in Sydney with a rock and roll 50′s Christmas Party! Pull on your poodle skirt and slick back your hair for a night of dancing and fun with your dive buddies.
DECEMBER 22nd 2012
7:00pm starting time
STRICT 1950′s DRESS UP THEME
Rowers of Cooks River
1 Levey Street, Wolli Creek – 02 9599 1932
$65.00 CLUB MEMBERS
$75.00 NON CLUB MEMBERS
RSVP and full payment by 8th December 2012
ENTERTAINMENT || FINGER FOOD || MUSIC || GIVEAWAYS || PRIZES || BEST DRESSED AWARD || DIVER OF THE YEAR AWARD CEREMONY
When: 19-21 October 2012
How Much: $355.00
We have booked a weekend to Nelson Bay for Friday the 19th through to Sunday the 21st of October.
The trip includes the following:
- 2 nights share accommodation with a light breakfast
- 2 double boat dives
- 2nd tanks and refills
- BBQ on the Saturday afternoon at the dive centre
- A local wine tour and driver
- Transfers on both dive days to and from the accommodation
All for the sum of $355.00. All you need to do is have your own dive gear with a tank to start the weekend, if you need to hire we do that for you at a great rate. We do not supply transport up to and home from Nelson Bay. You do need to be an advanced diver as some of the dives are deeper than 18 metres.
Book now! Call the shop to register your spot.
We’re running another Try a Dry Day in the next 2 weeks.
If you’ve been feeling the cold in the water recently and are considering switching to a dry suit, now is your opportunity to try one out before you buy it. Dry suit diving is a bit different to diving in a wet suit and it isn’t for everyone. You really need to get out in a dry suit to see if it is right for you.
If you are interested in trying a dry suit, call the shop and arrange a dive.
How about a weekend away to dive with sharks?
On the weekend of 27-29 July we have a trip to Forster for a couple of days of diving. The trip includes 2 nights accommodation with breakfasts and Saturday evening barbeque, 4 dives including 2 to Seal Rocks with the grey nurse sharks. We did this trip last year and it was a lot of fun. See the report from last year’s trip: Forster Report.
For more information on the trip see: Forster – July 2012
If you are interested, call the shop to secure your place as spots are likely to go quickly.
We have a number of PADI and SDI courses scheduled over the next couple of months that may whet your appetite.
- PADI Rescue Diver Course – 11-13 May 2012 – $399
- Deep Course – 19-20 May 2012 – $399
- SDI Nitrox Course – 24 May 2012 – $199
- SDI Advanced Open Water Course + Nitrox Course – 24-27 May 2012 – $498
- PADI Nitrox Course – 31 May 2012 – $199
- PADI Advanced Course + Nitrox Course – 31 May – 3 June 2012 – $498
- PADI Advanced Course – 31 May – 3 June 2012 – $399
Click on the links above for more information or call or visit the shop. Bookings are essential.
Heron Island is celebrating its status as one of Australia’s top dive destinations with the
Heron Island Dive Festival.
Heron Island is known the world over for its excellent Great Barrier Reef dive sites and fantastic coral gardens and pinnacles, all just minutes from the beach. Join us for an experience of a lifetime.
25-29 July 2012
5 days / 4 nights ex Gladstone from $1,256 per person
- Return boat transfers ex. Gladstone
- 4 nights twin Turtle Room accommodation on Heron Island
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- 2 boat dives per day including the use of tanks,
- Weights & dive guide services
- Dive Festival activities and presentations
BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT !
Booking conditions apply. Subject to availability.
- Reef Room (twin) : + $ 80 pp
- Beachside Suite (twin) : + $160 pp
- Point / Wistaria Suite (twin) : + $240 pp
- Beach House (twin) + $320 pp
Additional nights from $314 pp twin share
Dive Festival Highlights
- Diving & Snorkelling
- Wine tasting & cooking master classes daily
- A series of inspirational presentations
- Gala buffet seafood dinner on 29 July
Spots are limited and filling fast, so please contact our team in store, by email (email@example.com
On Sunday 28 August, over 40 people got together at The Monument, Kurnell for the Ride Around Australia event. Allan Nash and Tommy Soderstrom, both PADI Instructors and owners of El Galleon Dive Resort and Asia Divers in the Philippines, are taking to the dusty track on two-wheelers all around Australia in August – October 2011 to raise money for :
In addition to a large number of dive club members and staff from the Centre, we had David from Project AWARE, Henrick, Richard and Colin from PADI, Heidi from Dive Adventures and Sue from Tusa attending.
As part of the event, we had 30 divers in the water collecting debris as well as a number of people along the shoreline collecting rubbish. There was quite a lot of garbage collected from the water, including a car battery and a car bumper. Both of these were a challenge to bring back to shore. The dive itself was quite enjoyable and we saw many things including an octopus, cuttlefish, a ray, a Port Jackson shark, a weedy sea dragon and a dwarf lionfish.
After the dive we enjoyed a barbecue in great company.
We finished the day off by awarding prizes. The following people were winners:
- Adrian Santalucia - One week stay at El Galleon resort with unlimited diving with Nitrox worth AU$1,000
- David (from Project AWARE) – Safety Sausage
- George Borovskis – DAN First Aid book set
The following winners were announced at September’s club meeting:
- Evy Stavrakis - Cressi Leonardo Dive computers.
- Kevin Bacon – TUSA Mask, snorkel and fins set.
- John Negus - WATER PROOF W2 – 5mm wetsuit.
The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was great to stand around and shoot the breeze with friends. I believe everyone had a great time.